6 Chicken breast halves boned, skinned and cut into strips
To marinade it:
1 tablespoon Light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Curry powder
2 tablespoons Crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
Crushed dried chile peppers
For the peanut Sauce:
2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
1&1/2 cups Coconut milk
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
Grated lime zest
Fresh cilantro sprigs
- For the marinade, combine the brown sugar,curry powder, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic and chile peppers in a shallow dish.
- Thread the chicken strips onto bamboo skewers, place the skewers into the soy sauce mixture and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Make the peanut sauce by combining the peanut butter, coconut milk, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a saucepan. Season to taste with cayenne pepper.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is as thick as heavy cream (about 15 minutes).
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree briefly. Add chicken broth and cream and blend until smooth. This mixture can be made several hours ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- preheat a broiler.
- Cook the skewered chicken, turning several times and basting with the marinade, until crispy on the outside but still moist on the inside, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle grilled chicken with lime zest and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with the peanut sauce as a dip.