Lemon Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
1&1/2 Pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
2 Tablespoons oil
1&1/2 Pounds broccoli, stems peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick, florets separated
1 small lemon, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise, seeds removed
2 Teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, 3 tablespoons water, vinegar, honey, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
- Pour half the mixture into another bowl; reserve.
- Place chicken in remaining mixture; let marinate 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add half the chicken; cook, tossing often, until brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Repeat with another 1/2 tablespoon oil and remaining chicken. Wipe skillet with a paper towel.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook broccoli and lemon, tossing often, until broccoli is bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water; cook until broccoli is tender and lemon is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade, cornstarch mixture, chicken, and any accumulated juices from plate.
- Bring to a boil; cook, stirring until thickened, 1 minute. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.