Low-fat Chocolate Cake ~ Diet
202 calories per serving (per piece)
125g margarine (soft)
1&1/2 cups sugar
2 whole eggs
1 egg white
4 tablespoons cocoa
3&1/2 cups prepared chocolate pudding
2 cups self rising flour
75g natural apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F.
- Grease baking pan with a little bit of the margarine.
- Mix the rest of the margarine with sugar and 1 whole egg until mixture is unified.
- Gradually and alternately add: flour, cocoa, 1 whole egg, pudding, flour, cocoa, apple sauce, pudding -- and so on, until all mixes up nicely to a homogeneous mixture.
- Pure into greased baking pan (square or round) and bake for about 30 minutes, or until cake is ready: dry and bouncy to touch.
- When the cake is ready take it out of the oven and cover-seal it with aluminum foil until cools. This ensures the crust keeps moist.
- To decorate, use chocolate syrup and spread it all over as if it was frosting. It's good enough for the sprinkles to stick, and it adds additional moist and chocolaty flavor.