Mexican Fajitas - Mexican
450 g sirloin steak
1/4 cup beef stock
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tabelspoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 small green & red bell peppers, cut in thin strips
1 large tomato, diced
4 large flour tortillas
Salsa, sour cream or guacamole (optional) - Found at Sultan Center
- Slice beef in thin strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine stock, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, half the coriander and pepper. Add beef, turning to coat each piece, and refrigerate, covered, for 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan heat oil, drain beef, reserving marinade. Add beef to pan and stir-fry until no longer pink, about five minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir in marinade and cook, stirring, for a couple of minutes. Add tomato and chili, turning ingredients, until hot through. Add remaining coriander.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve beef mixture wrapped in warmed tortillas. Top with salsa, sour cream or guacamole, if desired.