Lamb Curry ~ Indian
1 tablespoon oil
1 pund cubed lamb
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stick cinnamon, broken in 2
6 cardamom pods, crushed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 teaspoon chili powder
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the oil.
- When it starts to sizzle fry the lamb until it colors on all sides. Remove with a draining spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion and fry until golden, scraping up any residues.
- Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the whole spices and cook for about 2 minutes, then add the ground spices.
- Cook until fragrant but be careful not to burn.
- Return lamb to the pan and add 8oz water or stock. Stir well, reduce heat to medium and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with bread or rice.