Healthy Vegetable Soup ~ Diet
3 medium zucchini, sliced
2 medium carrots, sliced
10 mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 potato, peeled,cut into 1-inch pieces
3 cans vegetable broth
3 cups canned crushed tomatoes, with added puree
1 can stewed tomatoes
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
additional chopped fresh parsley
- Combine zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, onion and potato in heavy large Dutch oven.
- Add vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, 3 tablespoons parsley, cilantro, garlic, basil and oregano.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Strain cooking liquid into large saucepan; reserve vegetables.
- Place 3 cups vegetables in blender. Add 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Puree until smooth.
- Stir puree into remaining cooking liquid in saucepan. Return remaining vegetables to cooking liquid.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring soup to simmer. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with additional parsley.
Can be prepared 5 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.