Chicken Parmesan ~ Diet
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons low-fat Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
1 cup thick spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated low fat mozzarella
- Remove any clinging fat from the chicken & discard; wash& pat dry.
- Lay chicken between sheets of waxed paper, gently pound with a meat mallet to flatten slightly.
- Rub all over with Italian dressing and let it sit while measuring out the remaining ingredients.
- Combine bread crumbs and seasonings on a piece of wax paper.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- When hot, dredge dressing coated breasts through the bread crumb mixture and saute until golden, about 5- 8 minutes per side.
- Spoon some spaghetti sauce on top of each breast, sprinkle with Parmesan and top with mozarella.
- Cover pan and continue to cook over medium heat until sauce is hot and cheese melts, about 3- 5 minutes.
Stay Healthy ...