Butter Chicken ~ Indian Cuisine
150ml natural yogurt
50g ground almonds
1&1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon garam masala
4 green cardamom pods
1 teaspoon ginger pulp
1 teaspoon garlic pulp
400g can tomatoes
1&1/4 teaspoon salt
1kg chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
1 tablespoon corn oil
2 medium onions, sliced
2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
4 tablespoon cream
- Place the yogurt, ground almonds, all the dry spices, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and salt in a mixing bowl and blend together thoroughly.
- Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl and pour over the yogurt mixture.
- Melt together the butter and oil in a medium pot, wok or frying pan. Add the onions and fry for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in about half of the coriander and mix well. Pour over the cream and stir in well. Bring to the boil.
- When serving, garnish the indian butter chicken with the remaining chopped coriander.