A home-made recipe.. delicious and filling..
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
4 cups milk
2 cups peeled, chopped potatoes
4 green onions, chopped and divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1&1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
4 slices of turkey bacon, cooked, crumbled
1. melt butter in a pot over low heat; add flour and stir until it's smooth.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute until it thickens and bubbles.
3. Gradually stir in the milk. Stir in the potatoes, half the green onions, salt and pepper.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 30 minutes or until thickened and the potatoes are done and cooked.
5. Stir in 1 cup of cheese and cook for about 5 minutes more.
6. Serve the soup with the remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.