454g jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 lemon grass stalks or bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 4 hours or overnight
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cinatro
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Spear the head end and tail of each shrimp with a lemon grass stalk, placing 5 shrimps on each stalk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt, ginger, cilantro and thyme.
- Place the shrimp skewers in a rectangular glass baking dish and pour the marinade over them.
- Cover with pastic wrap and let merinade in the refrigerator for atleast 4 hours.
- Heat a charcoal grill or broiler. Grill the shrimp until firm and pink, approxmimately 4 minutes.
- Serve skewers roasted corn and grilled veggies.