Prep: 15 min.
Bake: 45 min.
6 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
Sour Cream Pastry:
1&1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar, divided
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
7 tablespoons cold butter, divided
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the blackberries in a large bowl. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and lime peel; sprinkle over the berries and gently toss to coat.
- Pour the misture into a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in 5 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
- Combine sour cream and heavy cream; gradually add to crumb mixture, tossing with a fork until mixture forms a ball.
- Roll out to fit top of baking dish; place pastry over filling. Trim and seal edges; cut slit in top. Melt remaining butter; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving. "if using frozen blackberries, do not thaw before assembling the cobbler.