Banana Bread Recipe # 1 - Banana Nut Bread
3-4 over-ripe bananas
2&1/4 cups Flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegatable oil
1/4 cup milk
1&1/3 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup finely chopped walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt then add eggs and oil. Dissolve baking soda in milk and add to mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas well, then add to mixture and blend well.
- Add nuts and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown and the tops of the loaves crack open a bit.
- Cool in pans until pan can be handled, remove from pan and continue to cool.