4 Ripe Avocados ( Reserve 1 avocado, chopped to add towards the end for chunkiness)
2 tbsp Sour Cream
3 tbsp Lemon Juice + 1 tbsp Lime Juice (Optional)
Few drops of Tabasco Sauce (Optional)
2&1/2 Ripe Tomatoes, Seeded & Chopped (Reserve 1 tomato, chopped to add later for chunkiness)
Handful of Chopped Spring Onions
Handful of Finely Chopped Coriander
Sea Salt to taste
1 Fresh Red Chili (Mild), Seeded & Finely Chopped
- In a food processor, throw in 3 avocados, 1 tomato, and the red chili and pulse.
- Add the spring onions & coriander and pulse again.
- Add the sour cream and a good pinch of salt and taste. Pulse for the last time.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and add the remaining chopped avocados & tomatoes for chunkiness.
- Season with more sea salt and lemon & lime juice until you reach the desired taste.
- Add the Tabasco and mix well.
- Serve with Tortilla chips or homemade pita chips.
Tip 1: To keep the guacamole bright green and avoiding that bad browning from oxidizing, keep one of the avocado seeds in the dip and add enough lemon or lime juice.
Tip 2: To keep the guacamole in the fridge for a few days without it changing color and oxidizing, put it in a Tupperware and put a direct cling wrap (plastic wrap) on the guacamole dip and let it stick to it to block air and then close it with the lid.