Tuesday

Oktoberfest Bavarian Potato Salad - Recipe Trial # 1


After my visit to Munich, Germany last year,I fell in love with the city and with Germany all over again, for many different reasons. The food, the atmosphere, the people and my wonderful travelling partner :)
The food was just terrific, one of the special things I have tried was their Bavarian Potato Salad. I fell in love with it immediately, such a hearty and lovely dish, accompanied by grilled chicken and your favorite beverage :P

I'm trying out several recipes to find the perfect one, this is my first trial, it turned out nice and light, in terms of the dressing. I give it a 4 star.. but that's only in my book, try it out and see what you think.. Enjoy !


Ingredients:

3-4 Medium white potatoes
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO
1/3 cup white Vinegar
1/2 Vegetable or Chicken Stock
3 tbsp finely chopped onions
Salt & Pepper
Dash of Sugar
3/4 cup diced cucumbers
1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp finely Chopped Chives - I bought a fresh plant from TSC
2 tbsp Relish

Method:

1- In a large pot filled with water and some salt, boil the unpeeled potatoes until tender.

2- Once done, drain the potatoes, peel them and chop them, then place in a large bowl.

3- In a separate smaller bowl, combine all of the following ingredients: Oil, Vinegar, Onion, S&P, Stock, Sugar, Mustard, Cucumber & Relish. The mix it well to form the dressing.

4- Pour the dressing over the peeled and chopped potatoes and gently mix them together.

5- Garnish the salad with chives.


1 comment:

cody said...

This is one of my "standard" potato salad recipes. I make it about once a month. Every time I make it, I have too much dressing left over.xeres vinegar