2 cups short grain rice
1 Americana square minced beef
2-3 finely chopped onions
1 cup green peas
1/2 cup roasted pine nuts
salt / Black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon mixed spices
1 pack of Americana frozen phyllo dough
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 15 minutes.
- In a pot, sauté the onions until golden then add the minced beef.
- Add salt, black pepper, curry, mixed spices and Maggie chicken cube and mix.
- Add rice to the the meet and mix well on low heat.
- Add 4 glasses of boiling water or until it covers the rice, and let the rice simmer for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile in another pot, boil the chick pea to soften them.
- Add the green peas and pine nuts to the previous mixture and leave it to cook until all the water evaporates and the rice is cooked.
- Once the rice mixture is done leave it to cool on the side.
- prepare the phyllo dough by cutting it into squares and using a small bowl as a mold, line the bowl with the phyllo dough, fill it with the rice mixture and fold it to close.
- Place the finished phyllo filled dough in a large oven pan, brush each one with butter then place it in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until golden.
- Serve it with cucumber yogurt salad.