This is one of the oldest recipes I make, I have started making this cheese cake since 1992. Long time ago... it never lost it's flavor, always a classic!
For the Crust:
a small box of McVitie's Digestive
half a stick of butter, melted
For the Cheesecake filling:800 g philadelphia cream cheese (4 boxes)
3/4 cup sugar
5 teaspoons cornstarch
1 egg yolk
1&1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
1 Strawberry Jello (prepared as instructed)
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Crush the digestive cookies and stir them together with the melted butter until well combined.
- Press the crumbs mixture evenly at the bottom of a springform pan. set aside.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Beat them with an electric mixer until all combined and smooth.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk one at a time, beating after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust in the springform pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees f (170 c) for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 225 degrees f (100 c) and bake for one hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, chill it for a few hours or over night without removing it from the pan.
- Once chilled completely, prepare the stawberries, cut them in half and layer them on the cake.
- Prepare the glaze by making the jello and adding the cornstarch, then let it cool. Once cool pour it on top. Chill the cake in the fridge until the glaze is completely cool.
- take the cake out of the pan and serve.