1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon olive oil
5-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
3 tabelspoons balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the garlic in olive oil until lightly browned. Leave on a side.
- Place tomatoes, salt & pepper, basil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Boil water for pasta.
- Just before you put the pasta in the water, drain tomatoes and reserve the juice .
- Put the angel hair pasta in the water to cook for the recommended amount of time.
- Heat your garlic skillet and toss drained tomatoes briefly just to heat. They should retain their shape.
- The pasta should finish cooking within 5 minutes; at the same time the tomatoes are ready.
- Toss the pasta and tomato mixture together and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.